Bhagavad Gita Teachings
Just as a person puts on new garments after discarding the old ones, similarly
Spirit acquires new bodies after casting away the old bodies..
– Bhagavad-gita 2.22
Free Gita E-Satsang
(New Schedule) <<< USE THIS LINK ONLY
NOTE: Join our Free Saturday evening e-satsang (in English and then in Hindi) regularly to become a Board member of IGS and receive a FREE Autographed (by Dr. Prasad) copy of pocket gita in English or Hindi.
Be a part of the world-wide mision of Gita Prachar!!
WELCOME TO WEEKLY E-SATSANG/GITA CLASS (on Saturdays 6 to 7 pm PST) PRESENTED BY IGS
Times: Saturdays from 9-10 Night, Eastern USA (or New York Time)
Sundays 7:30 MORNING Indian Standard time, Sunday 7am in Pakistan
London (GMT) time= 2 AM morning of Sunday
Hong kong, Phillipines, Bali, Malaysia Sunday 10 hrs
Japan, S korea, Sunday 11 hrs
E. Australia – Sunday 1pm
Click for time in your city/country
To connect to Free Live Audio Conferencing, at the above schedule time in USA and Canada:
Dial 1.641.715.3640 followed by access code: 106716#
Click here to read Bhagavad Gita in English
At times due to lack of attendance, we answer students’ questions by e-mail at anytime
Current TOPIC: Chapter 7: The Ultimate Knowledge, will continue by the Group
Authors: Plz submit your papers/ideas/topics for future presentations. If you cant join, please send your thoughts, comments by email we will read it for you and discuss it.
Gita Class in Fremont, CA By Dr. Prasad since year 2000
Gita Class in other cities, call Madan Kaura in Michigan,ph 248 476-4206
Hindu scriptures/satsang in TEXAS by Dr Raju, Call 979 587 9797 for details 7-8 pm ET, dial 213 416 6650, access code 600730# to connect by phone
Q/A:Post your Question here and get answer by our expert panel. Please send info about your class to be listed here.
Guidelines for speakers: 1,000 words takes 10 minutes to speak.
- The main speaker should restrict his initial speech to 20 to 25 minutes.
- Every participant is encouraged to speak at least 3-4 minutes.
- As this is an international conference, the language will be mainly English with some usage of Sanskrit words. The usage of Sanskrit verses breaks the continuity of the majority of listeners who don’t know the language. its like putting some French lines to English listeners!! I personally read Gita in Sanskrit or Hindi at home.
- Mere reciting of Sanskrit verses and not explaining their meaning is discouraged. Sanskrit verses must be explained in English or just mention verse# such as verse 18.66. People will not remember the Sanskrit verses anyway! but may be necessary for the speakers to organize their thoughts.
- It must be understood that the speaker is not be interrupted while he is speaking. Q/A will be only after the speaker has finished his/her speech and moderator invites Q/A from all.
- IGS is a non-sectarian group, we respect saints, sages, prophets, teachers of all religious thoughts and hence there should be due respect for all.
- All the participants should Study the Gita (complete Gita link is given on this page) and share their views to make the Satsang interesting. Your suggestions for improvement are welcome.
- Final conclusions, if any, will be arrived at during the last 5 mts. of the conference. Speaker(s) for the next meeting is decided during the current meeting, plz. volunteer.
- If we don’t get any volunteers Dr. Prasad and Peter Hansmann will continue Gita chapters.
If you miss the Live Audio Conferencing, you can still listen to previous conference Recording, MP3 files:
To Download the files Just ‘Right click’ on links below & select “Save As” or “Save Link As”
- Gita verses relating Happiness, Selfless service
- Gita verses relating Happiness Introduction By R Prasad
- Gita verses relating Happiness Five ways to happiness by R.Prasad
- 5 ways to Happiness Summary and conclusion by R. Prasad
- Anger Management-1 by Swami Balachandran, SKY.org
- Anger Management-2 by Group
- Desire Management-1 by Madan Kaura
- Desire Management-2 by Ambika Singh
- Karma, Akarma and Vikarma by Dr. T.S. RamaKrishna, Hyderabad, President International Gita Society of India
- THE EFFECT OF FOOD ON OUR ATTITUDE AND PERFORMANCE, Part 1 by Dr. T.S. RamaKrishna, Hyderabad, President International Gita Society of India
- THE EFFECT OF FOOD ON OUR ATTITUDE AND PERFORMANCE, Part 2 by Dr. T.S. RamaKrishna, Hyderabad, President International Gita Society of India
- Journey of the Soul: Part 1, based on Gita, Upanishad and modern Research by Yogi Madhavacharya
- Deity Worship by Dr. Bhatta and Group
- Theory and Practice of Karma Yoga by Dr. R. Prasad
- The Path of Devotion by Dr. R. Prasad
- Nine Techniques to Develop Devotion by Dr. R. Prasad
- How to Control the big enemy, Lust by Dr. R. Prasad
- Relevance of Gita in modern times by Swami Ananda
- Caste System By the Group Members
- Origin/Mother of Sin By the Group Members
- Suggestions to RamDev Baba-1 for Corruption Control, a world-wide disease..
- Gita chapter4 ,First TenVverses By the Group
- Chapter4 continued on Maya by the Group
- A KARMA-YOGI IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE KARMIC LAWS By the Group
- Nine types of Spiritual Practices, Chapter 4.25-32 By the Group
- God, Gita, Guru and Gyaan By the Group
- Find expert opinions on a very difficult marriage problem By the Group 15
- Swami parmananda on vedanta: jagat A Must read For Seekers
- Two Methods to Subdue the mind By the Group
- Chapter 7, The ultimate Knowledge By the Group
- Two paths of Departing from the world By the Group
- Chapter 9: Self Knowledge By the Group
- Get Your Daily Gita Verse
- Free Gita, One Personal Copy
- Bhagavad Gita Bulk Distribution
- Gita in US Prison, Hotels, Motels
- Free E-satsang
- E-satsang Recordings
- Membership to IGS