|Gita Study |
Two of the simplest techniques of meditation are presented here that does not need a guru
or any special mantra. Meditation leads to peace, tranquility, and equanimity of mind, and
equanimity of mind leads to Self-Realization or the superconscious state of mind and bliss.
Ten steps of Meditation:
1. A dark room makes time stand still.
2. A 1 inch cushon reduces ankle&knee pain.
3. Set an alarm clock for the time that you vow to do.
4. Keeping eyes closed&hands locked, periodically stretch legs while keeping back straight.
5. Intense aspiration will bring longer meditation.
6. Practice and regularity achieves perfection.
7. Do meditation with love to seek and please God.
8. Invoke God's presence before meditation.
9. Keep your meditation secret from worldly people.
10. Never give up until the goal is reached.
Hope these 10 hints help your meditation.
Read This first
(1) So Hum or RAA MAA method A Buddhist method --- You may substitute any other sound/mantra of your choice
(1a) MantraYoga by Philippe De Coster, DD
(2) Witnessing the mind method --- A non-sectarian/non-religious method
(3) The final step (Also FREE upon request)
How to measure your progress:
Fixing the mind on a single object of contemplation for
twelve (12) seconds is called concentration or Dhaaranaa
two and one-half (2.5) minutes is called meditation or Dhyaan
half an hour is called trance or Samaadhi.
Please order #3 after you have practiced either
#1 or 1a for at least two months regularly for 30 minutes daily
and then practiced #2 for one month
and tell us your progress/problems.
(4) PLEASE Click this only if you need a personal Mantra.
(5) The Gayatri Mantra.
General brief notes on meditation techniques:
types of meditation:
1. Japa: mental chanting of a mantra with increasing/decreasing speed.
2. voice chanting: a) Bhajan/kirtan or group
b) layayoga/guided med. given in step 3f.
c) OMNIC meditation of verse 8.12-13
3. watch (or Dhyaana) the following:
a. your Ishtadeva and or ishtaloka
b. breath going in thru nose and coming out either thru nose or mouth.
c. 7 chakras (kriya/kundalini yoga)
d. sensation in various parts of the body (Vipaasanaa meditation)
e. thoughts: bring good/bad ones and let go
f. imagine, visualize or feel a bright light at the top of your head,
inside the head. allow your mind to choose its color. allow this
light to travel and touch down every tissue, cell, organ (for healing),
and muscle of the body, thru the spinal chord. light surrounds your body
like a cocoon. count backward: 5, 4, 3,2,1. feel relaxed.
The word 'yoga' has also been defined in the following verses of the Gita:
2.48, 2.50, 2.53, 6.04, 6.08, 6.19, 6.23, 6.29, 6.31, 6.32, and 6.47.