AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The American/International Gita Society
Founded in 1984, the International Gita Society (IGS) is a
registered, non-profit, tax-exempt, spiritual institution in the United
States of America under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code. Membership is
free of charge and open to all. The Aims and Objectives of IGS include, but
not limited to:
1. Publish and distribute, free if possible, The Bhagavad-Gita in simple and easy to understand languages, and put Gita in libraries, hotels, motels, schools, prisons and other public places.
2. Spread the basic Non-sectarian Universal teachings of Shrimad
Bhagavad-Gita and other Vedic scriptures in easy to understand languages by
establishing branches of the Society in other countries to be named as:
International Gita Society (IGS) of that country.
3. Provide support and guidance in establishing Gita Study and Discussion
(Satsang) Groups, including a free Gita correspondence course.
4. Provide inspiration, cooperation, and support in the study and propagation
of the Vedic knowledge, and other metaphysical sciences.
5. Endeavor to highlight and focus on similarities amongst scriptures and religions to promote the Universal Brotherhood of Humankind.
FUTURE PROJECTS, and Request for Help!!
Will you help us translate
and publish our GITA in Hindi, Gujarati, as well as in other foreign languages.
Your help is needed by IGS. Please
Thanks for your Seva.
The Ancient Wisdom of the "Gita for the
Modern Times", the Fourth Edition of our Gita, without Sanskrit verses, to be put in Hotels and other public places
around the world.
You may take up any other Gita related project of your choice.